A software productivity course, by technical director Jeremy Desvaux de Marigny
What is this course about?
Productivity is a challenging topic. As such, improving a software or web development team’s performance is arduous, especially when starting from scratch. You might not know where to start? You might have velocity issues, or organizational problems. You might loose time over the same challenges over and over again. You might lack vision on your production, or may also have too little time to tackle those subjects. Let’s change that.
How this online course could help you :
- It lays down for you a whole strategic approach to productivity improvement, cut down into chronological and actionable steps, you can follow at your own pace.
- It focuses on gains. We’ll start with low complexity early ones, then move towards more advanced topics as you progress.
- For each chapter, we’ll explain the challenge at stake, and provide proven productivity solutions coming from the field, to try out in your own context.
Sounds good? Let’s start to get the best out of your development team.
We’ll start with fundamentals, quick wins, low-hanging fruits, and simple decisions. It should put you on the right track, help you build up good habits from your first project to the next ones, with minimum to reasonable investments. In this chapter, we’ll talk mostly about the work environment, a proper documentation strategy, and the collaboration process.
Once you’ve built up solid foundations, we’ll look at more advanced challenges to help you get at ease while producing and managing several websites per month. We’ll also cover areas just outside the production itself, such as automation, maintenance, and security.
Still strengthening the way our team operates, we will discuss how we can ensure it can handle high production demands, high traffic & scalability, monitoring & observability. We will pursue the best possible effectiveness at every level.
What can I expect to get out of this course?
Thanks to the technics and tips provided in each chapter, and the diversity of the covered topics, you should notice a variety of improvements about the way your team operates, such as :
- Better written communication
- Better transversal knowledge sharing
- Bus factor reduction
- Training time reduction
- Production time reduction
- Focus on added value instead of losing time on fundamentals
- Code quality improvements
- Trust gains
- Improved team efficiency
Who is this course for?
This course being about driving a software development team towards its best expression, it is therefore aimed at people who have some sort of leadership over such teams.
This can include for example :
- Lead developers
- Executives, that would like to get a better grasp of the strategy behind the topic
- Senior developers, that would like to expand their area of expertise
Access the online course
The course is due to be released at the end of 2022. If you can’t wait, you can join the early access mailing list right away. (This is free and does not engage you to buy the course).
As a thank you, I’ll send you a printable roadmap to give you right away a vision of the path we will follow and all the topics we will cover. This should already point you in the right direction. Furthermore, I will also send you updates on the chapters I’ve finished writing along the way to keep you posted and deliver useful tips along the way.
I truly hope you’ll like the course. Feel free to get in touch via mail, LinkedIn or Twitter to discuss it together or if you have any questions. You can also use the hashtag #devteamproductivitycourse to get the conversation going.